Memorial Day is around the corner and marks the beginning of the summer season. Nothing paints the picture of summer better than an outdoor barbecue spent with close friends, great weather and a refreshing drink in hand.
Below are some tips to help you plan a fun filled Memorial Day party from themed food to décor plan. Decorating for this long weekend is as easy as red, white and blue! These hues and other American flag patterned items can be incorporated into everything from potted plants to snacks.
To highlight all things star spangled, incorporate the below décor to showcase your country’s colors:
- Turn the front entrance into a spectacle by lining mason jars with festive tissue paper. Place battery operated votives in them to have them act as flag spotlights.
- Use red and white or blue and white gingham tablecloth as a cover for your table.
- Weave streamers into a table piece of the flag.
- Place red, white, and blue flowers across the table.
- As a fun alternative to fireworks, fill up red, white and blue balloons with confetti (inflate with a hand pump).
While a good grill station of hot dogs and hamburgers are always guaranteed to be found with any outdoor celebration, look to jazz things up with food elements that take on hues of red, white and blue to create creative flag-colored treats. Prior to the grill session, begin with a watermelon, feta, and blueberry salad. Things to close out the barbecue and keep everyone smiling should be berries and bananas for a red, white and blue fruit skewer, cheesecake filled strawberries with a blueberry on top, a trifle with layered berries, or star shaped berry hand pies.
Although this party plan is meant for Memorial Day, you can use it for any of the great patriotic holidays like the 4th of July and Labor Day. If you’re looking to have your Memorial Day party set with a more stress free approach, reach out to the team at Chef David Cuisine in order to get a customized design and menu set up for you.